On this page
The application of mathematical models to solve real life problems has become a necessity in the present day. It is used in a wide variety of disciplines such as physics, chemistry, information science, business management, finance, economics and various branches of engineering. It is also at the heart of advances in science, engineering and technology. The large-scale use of computers in education and in industry gives impetus to the wide use of numerical methods and simulation.
Qualified and competent mathematicians with a sound knowledge of applied mathematics are the need of the hour. In India, teaching and research in mathematics needs augmentation. Our program is more than a conventional program, and we include an application-oriented approach.
This program is outcome-based and emphasises critical, analytical and problem-solving skills for students to pursue a scientific career. Our program -
Offers a multidisciplinary approach that is a key differentiator in the success of modern scientific and engineering endeavors.
- A rich faculty presence in allied discipline for additional exposure to other disciplines.
- Develops a familiarity with numerical and symbolic thinking and the analytic approach to problem solving.
These are designed to train students in the knowledge of basic mathematics. The subjects include basic courses in mathematics such as analysis, algebra, and differential geometry, along with a basic applied course in ordinary and partial differential equations.
There are electives in the program, grouped so that students can specialise in a chosen field. Students can also opt for elective courses across multiple streams given affordability and approval from a course leader, HoDs and Deans, and this requires that guidelines are followed.
Industry Internship or Seminar
Students can choose to an internship in an industry, research organisation, institute or another university during the course. Alternatively, Alternately, students can undertake a research topic that requires self-directed study within the affiliated faculty. Students will be required to submit a report and make a presentation to the members of the panel constituted by the HoD for assessment.
Each student has to work individually on a dissertation on a chosen relevant topic that needs to be approved by a committee constituted by a HoD. Students can then publish their work by converting it into a technical paper that is published in a reputed conference or in journal.
Uses an application-based learning program.
Offers research opportunities.
Includes internship, training, and placement support with various universities worldwide.
Includes expert guest lectures from various institutions and industries.
Includes workshops, industry visits, group discussions and debates.
Offers small batches to encourage in-depth learning.
Group project and dissertation as output.
Trains students in higher order critical thinking and the ability to think rigorously and independently to meet higher level expectations of academia and research.
- We offer accommodation in student hostels on our campus, and even offer third-party off-campus hotels where necessary to ensure students can focus on what matters the most.
- Our on-campus facilities include WiFi any time of the day, 24/7.
- From a host of eateries and laundry facilities, we ensure that students have access to all facilities.
- We encourage students to participate in co-curricular activities on campus which include sports and cultural events, both at a university level and a faculty level.
- We help students focus on independent and sponsored research with projects and a dissertation.
Theory of ODE
Numerical Analysis – 1
Seminar – 1
Theory of PDE
Numerical Analysis – 2
Introduction to Statistics and Probability
Seminar – 2
Measure Theory and Integration
Elective – 1
Seminar - 3
Elective – 2
Elective – 3
Seminar – 4
Teaching and Assessment
Student performance in each course is assessed through an assignment (with 50% weightage) and an examination (with 50% weightage). A student is required to score a minimum of 40% in each of the components and 40% overall for the successful completion of a course and for earning the corresponding credit(s).
Key Skill Development
- Ability to impart a higher level knowledge and understanding of Applied Mathematics.
- Ability to apply the principles of mathematics for practical applications.
- Ability to analyse mathematical models of physical systems for enhancement of system performance and arrive at limitations of physical systems.
- Ability to develop mathematical models of defined physical systems.
- Ability to evaluate the soundness of mathematical concepts.
- Ability to pursue mathematics as a teaching and research career.
- Ability to work in teams and practice continuous professional development for lifelong learning.
In the coming years, the government intends to boost up funds for basic sciences. There is an acute shortage of qualified teaching staff. The job prospects for candidates with M.Sc. Mathematics look good in academia, research institutions and industry.
Professor / Teacher
- Candidates must have a B.Sc, B.E, B. Tech or an equivalent degree examination in the appropriate discipline and have secured at least 45 % marks in the aggregate or equivalent CGPA and 50 % in the cognate course.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ST categories are given a different qualifying mark as per government
- All students are required to contact the admissions department for more details
Fees & Scholarships
- Refer Fee Structure
- Foreign students should have equivalent qualification approved by Association of Indian Universities.
- Should have proof of proficiency in English with a minimum TOEFL score of
All students are required to contact the admissions department for more details.
Fees & Scholarships
- USD 2500 + Other Fee Rs.38,550 per annum
Start your journey with RUAS
- +91 80453 66616